Review Environmental Assessment for Kansas City Downtown Streetcar Project
The Environmental Assessment for the Kansas City Downtown Streetcar is available for public and agency review from Sept. 26 through Oct. 26, 2012. The city of Kansas City, Mo., prepared the document in conjunction with the Federal Transit Administration.
The proposed project includes the construction and operation of a streetcar line on Main Street in downtown Kansas City, Mo. The alignment would begin with a loop around the City Market on the north and then run south on Main Street to the Union Station/Crown Center area, and then back to the City Market.
The Environmental Assessment has been prepared to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 and to evaluate project alternatives and potential environmental consequences associated with these alternatives.
The document is available for viewing at the following locations: City of Kansas City, Public Works/Capitol Projects (414 East 12th Street, 18th Floor, Kansas City, MO 64106); Kansas City Public Library â€“ Central Library (14 West 10th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105); and, Mid-America Regional Council (Main Desk, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105).
- Environmental Assessment (pdf)
- Appendix A: Agency Correspondence (pdf)
- Appendix B: Environmental Justice Technical Memorandum (pdf)
- Appendix C: Noise and Vibration Technical Memorandum (pdf)
- Kansas City Streetcar Transportation Technical Report (pdf)
- Kansas City Downtown Streetcar Historic Properties Technical Report (without appendices) (pdf)
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Sites Summary Technical Report (and 2 EDR appendices) (pdf)
Advanced Conceptual Engineering Documents
- Advanced Conceptual Engineering Concept Plans for the Kansas City Downtown Streetcar Project (pdf) – very large file
- Kansas City Streetcar Operations and Maintenance Facility: Technical Design Report (pdf)
- Kansas City Downtown Streetcar Condition and Load Rating Assessment of Structures (pdf)
- Streetcar Traction Power Substation Siting Memo (pdf)
- Streetcar Construction Methods Technical Memorandum (pdf)